ABOUT THE TRAINING:
Whether you feel called to share yoga as a teacher or simply to embark on a journey of self-discovery and transformation, Five Points Yoga Institute’s teacher training program offers an opportunity to cultivate a truly individual and profound experience.
Each of our 4 dedicated instructors brings a unique discipline, fostered by a lifelong commitment to yoga studies, practice, and the cultivation of joy. With over 80 years of combined experience, they provide students a strong foundation to deepen their understanding of and relationship to yoga.
Our 200-hour program is designed to foster a safe environment and encourage participants to connect to the practical and profound wisdom of yoga, and ultimately to the strength and abundance that lies within.
WHEN IS IT:
- September 14-16
- September 21-23
- October 12-14
- November 2-4
- November 30-Dec 2
- January 11-13
- January 25-27
- February 8-10
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
The 200 hour teacher training develops the tools of yoga for every aspect of your life. Through education, coaching and skill development, you can create and teach powerful, transformative yoga classes and careers. Sadhana (spiritual practice), study and spiritual community support you as you personally transform. Self study provides the fertile ground for transformation into an effective yoga teacher.
- How to improve your yoga practice
- How to teach a yoga pose
- Alignment in yoga poses
- Functional anatomy
- Restorative poses
- How to modify poses
- History of yoga
- The art of teaching
- How to sequence poses to create a class
- Observing bodies and alignment
- What about touch and adjusting? When and whether this is helpful
- Introduction to meditation
- Breathwork (pranayamas) how to practice and teach
- Introduction to Chinese Medicine (we’ll have a Chinese Doctor as a visiting lecturer)
- Introduction to Ayurveda (Ayurvedic Practitioner as visiting lecturer)
- Exploration of chakra system (we use chakra system as a basis for self-exploration and study)
- Chanting (exploration of mantra as a protection for the mind) Here’s a snippet from Krishna Das on chanting
- Yoga Sutras-practical guidelines to help end suffering and realize our Truest nature
TUITION AND PAYMENT:
HOW TO PAY:
- Make sure your application is submitted in order to complete payment process.
- Submit your $500 deposit or pay in full to hold your place for training. Your deposit ensures your spot is reserved in the training. Please keep in mind that your spot is not reserved until the deposit is paid and received.
- Purchase a book bundle for $49. This includes, “Light on Yoga”, The Key Muscles of Yoga”, “Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali”. Email Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org
TRANSFER, CANCELLATION, AND WITHDRAW POLICY:
Your deposit ensures your spot is reserved in the training. Please keep in mind that your spot is not reserved until the deposit is paid and received
Current 200 – hour Teacher Training enrollees may switch training dates to other open sessions for a transfer fee. The early bird discount will not be transferred. If the program you are changing to has an applicable early bird discount, you are eligible to receive it then.
If you transfer:
30 days or more before start date of current training = $50 transfer fee
30-0 days before start date = $100 transfer fee. In other words, if you sign up for a training that begins May 1st, but decide April 30th to transfer your deposit to a training that begins in July, there will be $100 transfer fee. If you decide to transfer to a different training by April 1st, then there will be $50 transfer fee. This is a non-refundable fee applied to your account. Athens Yoga Institute reserves the right to cancel any program at any time. If this happens, a full refund will be given.
If a student chooses to withdraw from the Yoga Teacher Training seven (7) business days or more prior to the start date, we will refund or transfer the deposit, minus a $150 processing fee. Cancellations received after seven (7) days of the start date of a program will result in forfeiture of the full deposit. Once the training begins, you are responsible for meeting the full tuition requirements as agreed upon.
As a courtesy, we offer payment plans to help with the cost of the training. Payments are as follows: $500 deposit holds your place, and the balance is due at the beginning of the training, and the first of the month for the next 2 months. Any payment made beyond the 5th of the month will incur a non-negotiable $20 late fee. You understand that you are responsible for the entirety of tuition.
This will take you to the mindbody registration page. Once you enroll you will be taken to a payment page. If you’d like to make a deposit only, simply click “Payment Plan” which is the the left of the “add item” button.
Call (706.254.0200) or email (email@example.com) Shannon with questions.